June 22, 2019
With the increase of influenza (flu) in the Wellington area the following steps are recommended by Regional Public Health to help reduce this virus spreading through our schools and the community
Influenza (flu) is a virus that spreads quickly from person to person. It can be spread through the air by coughing and sneezing as well as by hands, cups and other objects that have been in contact with an infected person’s mouth or nose.
The following information will help reduce the spread of influenza in our school:
1. Make sure everyone covers their mouth and nose with tissues when coughing and sneezing.
2. Encourage everyone to wash their hands regularly.
3. Clean surfaces that are touched often (door handles, bench tops, toilets bathroom areas).
4. Make sure students with symptoms stay at home until they are well and free of symptoms.
· A severe fever (over 38°C) lasting several days
· A cough and sore chest.
· Severe exhaustion and aches and pains.
Please click here for further information.