Wellington College continues to be safe to attend, including for any staff and students who are considered vulnerable to COVID-19. We have good cleaning routines in place, people who are sick are staying at home and we continue to encourage good hygiene practices. The 'Learning at Home' programme will now cease.
We are supporting contact tracing by having QR code posters at our entrances.
We can now look forward to inter-school and community sport, cultural events, performances, parent meetings and to welcoming all of our school community on site for these activities.
The key changes for schools at Alert Level 1 are:
- Be familiar with the key public health measures - Golden Rules - for everyone in New Zealand to follow.
- Physical distancing is not a requirement but where possible or practicable is encouraged when you are around people you don’t know.
- There are no specific public health requirements.
- There are no restrictions on personal movement so all students and staff continue to be safe to go to school, and all students must attend school.
- While we are no longer required to keep a contact tracing register, we will continue with the usual practice of having a visitor and an attendance register (and will need to work with local health authorities to identify close contacts, should there be a case connected with the school).
- There are no restrictions on numbers at gatherings or on physical activities including cultural and sporting activities, practices and events.