Fee Refunds Policy
Fees Refund Policy For International Students.
[This policy is based on Section 4B (7) of the Education Amendment Act (No.4) 1991]
- There will be in principle, no refunds after the first two weeks a student is at the College, except under exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Headmaster.
- If a student withdraws from the College before the completion of the year for which he has been enrolled, the student may apply to the Headmaster in writing clearly stating the circumstances of his withdrawal and requesting consideration of a refund.
- In arriving at the decision of the amount to be refunded to the student, the Headmaster will take into account:
- the costs already incurred by the College (including the Government levy and any agent's fees)
- the salaries of staff already committed for the duration for the course
- the amount covering the use of facilities and resources to the date of withdrawal.
- An early withdrawal fee of NZ$500 will be deducted from any refund
No refund will be made in the event a student is excluded from school by the Board of Trustees.
* If the student moves out of his homestay before the end of the time that has been contracted for, the portion of the prepaid homestay fees not used will be refunded. The Welfare Management fee will not be refunded.
* The refund must be applied for in writing to the Board of Trustees, giving two weeks notice, or paying two weeks accommodation fees in lieu of notice.
* If a student does not take up his homestay for any reason there will be a full refund less half the Welfare Management fee ie. NZ$300.